15/01/2012

Dusk Til Dawn Grand Prix V Day 1 TR

Grand Prix V Day 1a Trip Report

Ill try to remember the most of the days play, altho it was a long one!!

Picked up the Team Muck Posse aka Tom Feilding, Matty Crocker, Steve Lloyd and Mike Palmer and headed to sunny Nottingham for Day 1a.  We chose Day1a due to the huge feild, huge amount of chips in play and the fact that it was a Saturday and filled with recreational retards.

My starting table was super soft and i managed to chip up to 27k from 15k starting stack, rarely having to show my hand, and on the few occasions i did, i was massively in front :)

To give u an idea of the standard of players on my table, one guy limp folded when i raised the button vs sat out bb.....and another guy sb raised my bb, which i called with Q5cc, he leads out on 232 flop, check calls the 7 on turn, then chk calls my bet. Only to check fold on a 2 river?!!?

As mentioned at Break 1 i was sat pretty on 27k and was table captain, however life is never that easy!

levels 4-9 were an absolute killer. I kept flopping hard, and bulding big pots, only to be hit with some weird gutter ball river to lose the pot, altho the minimum each time....

Late in level 7, with 15bbs i reshipped an active raiser with Q9hh and he snapped with AKcc, but a beautful Q high flop saw me double to ~35bbs and back in the race.................until the next hand!

I raise c/o with KQss and bb calls.......
Flop is KhQd3s
BB check calls my 2/3rd pot bet
Turn 7h
He check calls again
River 9s
He insta bombs the river!

I figure he either flopped a set or had JThh or similar! i announce i think he has JThh and fold face up, he shows JThh.....go me!

Table breaks and i move to a table with 1 shortie (who was on my first table and was awful) and big stacks all around. My 15bbs werent looking too scary!

I managed to chip up squeezing with 57dd and 53dd in good spots to around 22bbs and then the luckbox kicked in!

Blinds 600/1200/100

3 limpers and i look down at JsJh so 4.5x it to 5.4k and the bb ships..........she was a young player that had made some impressive moves (that i had seen) so i decided to take the flip (figuring she has AK)
She flicks over AA and im ready to leave......K35....J....2 Booom!!!!!!!!!!!!

I then call a shorties shove with KQhh and he has QQ....flop K high and im up to 80k ish with other small pots.....

The last level comes and i start with around 110k ish and lose a beast of a pot

Active player utg raises to 4100 and 3 call including me in sb (46cc)
flop comes 6d4d2h
i chk, OR cbets 10k, shortie shoves 27k, other player calls 27k and i reship my stack in (105k ish) OR folds, other players folds

Pot is ~205k

he shows 79dd

turn Ac

River Qd

BOOOOOOOOO!!!

I fade and am one of the CLs (2nd in fact) on day 2 but no, i end the day with 77500 which sits me 32/77 that return from my day and dead on ave stack......
Blinds are 1200/2400/200

Pretty sure each of the remaining day 1s will have less than 400 runners starting, and will probably bring back a lot more 15-25bb stacks, which can be dangerous for me!

We will find out soon enough, but looking forward to locking my first Hendon Mob flag of the year, and with such a good prizepool, it only takes a mini heater and we could be Very Very Rich!!!

Sadly the better half told me i had to get a 100k stack for day 2, so she was annoyed at me!!!

In other news, the rest of the guys all busted...Special Mention to Matt Crocker who was first out (of the whole day, on hand 1) AK v Q4 lol

Day 2 i up plz

2 comments:

  1. just remember the old....you only need a chip n a chair :-) GL dann, tid and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete